Top Sailing Spots In the World
The top sailing spots in the world, breathtaking views, vibrant cultures, and gourmet delicacies are the perks when you do sailing adventure around the world.
WHAT IS SAILING?
Sailing refers explicitly to the sport of using the wind to power sails and propels the boat forward instead of engines. Now it is one of the recreational activities that people enjoy. Actually, there are two kinds of sailing – cruising, and racing. When we say Racing, it is the category of yachting recognize in the Olympics. However, cruising is what most people would enjoy their vacations or at the weekends.
These are the top sailing spots in the world
1. GREEK ISLANDS, MEDITERRANEAN
With many islands to decide from, there are lots of unique and exciting harbors you can visit in the Greek Islands. There are so many things to see and to do in these beautiful islands. During the day you can enjoy basking under the sun in a secluded swimming spot, or explore the whitewashed communities and ancient ruins. When the day ends, you will witness one of the beautiful sunsets from the water. While during the night enjoy eating seafood like octopus, souvlaki and baklava. With different sailing destinations in Greece to choose from makes it one of the top sailing spots in the world.
2. THE GRENADINES, CARIBBEAN
The Grenadines are well-known for their perfect white beaches and gives excellent sailing conditions for sailors who desire to explore the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. It has 32 islands, and nine of them are inhabited, so there’s always something new to explore.
3. ZANZIBAR, TANZANIA
Zanzibar or Spice Island is an island that used to be a trading station for the Arabs. Here you will find several stunning views and UNESCO world heritage sites like The Persian bathhouse and Stone Town. When it comes to cultural activities, Zanzibar has a lot to offer. Its crystalline waters are ideal for diving and sailing, with an average year-round temperature of 27°C.
4. GALAPAGOS ISLANDS, ECUADOR
Are you looking for some of the world’s rarest wildlife? Galapagos are volcanic islands that are home to Sea Lions, Iguanas, Giant Tortoises, Blue-Footed Boobies and many more species. Sail throughout the islands to see a breathtaking landscape, or plunge into the sky blue waters and see different marine life.
5. BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND
Rated as one of the most beautiful sailing points in the world. The Bay of Islands has 150 islands and a rich history of Maori culture. Sail through the blue-green water along the way you spot dolphins swimming and playing alongside the boa as dolphins swim beside you.
6. FRENCH POLYNESIA, SOUTH PACIFIC
French Polynesia, is a group of islands in the South Pacific Ocean. Tt has 118 islands, and 67 are said to be inhabited. One of its islands Tahiti, which is the largest, has a magnificent waterfall. Actually, Captain James Cook explored this island in the 18th century, and experience Tahiti’s stunning black sand beaches.
Tahiti’s laid back culture and stunning scenery make an ideal place to sail to and take in everything the islands have to offer.
7. WHITSUNDAY ISLANDS, AUSTRALIA
Whitsunday Islands is composed of 74 islands located beside The Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea. Its pristine waters it the home of different marine life, and an excellent spot for diving. You can sail under sunny skies and enjoy the Whitehaven Beach, which is recognized as one of the best in the world.
Are you new to sailing? We will help you understand and learn the basics of these sailing tips and instructions for beginners.
Beginner sailing tips
- Wear your sailing gloves!
- The essential beginner sailing tip is to practice in perfect conditions of light winds and low traffic.
- Always observe sailing safety guidelines.
- Before you go sailing, check the weather forecast and prepare yourself for whatever the weather might bring. Be sure to bring sufficient stocks, clothing, and necessary weather gear. Always be prepared!
- Get accustomed to the sail control – the one who can adjust sail settings to take advantage of different wind and water conditions is considered as the most skilled sailors.
- Study basic sailing terms make sure to familiarize yourself with the basic sailing terms.
- Practice makes perfect. Invest in a sailing course, books, manuals. It is much more complicated and dangerous to engage in learning sailing with no professional assistance.
Now if you are ready to sail, be prepared with our list of the seven best places to sail in the world might help you decide where to go on your next adventure at sea.
ARE YOU READY TO SAIL?
Now that you have a list of the best spots to sail in the world, which one will you be considering to visit?
Also, check out Yacht Week and Sail-Week great events to sail the Croatian Islands, rent a boat in Playa del Carmen or sail Los Cabos. Jump on board and enjoy the adventure that sailing and yachting will bring you.